Monday, September 8, 2008

Back With My Family

Sunday morning, I woke to the rain falling outside...I knew I couldn't be on Sea To Sea anymore!
I rolled out of bed with a smile on my heart as I prepared to worship with my family for the first time in months. My family at First CRC sustained me through my training, my car accident, my recovery and my trek from Sea To Sea. Now they would see the rewards of their work, their prayers, their love. With much joy, I walked the 3 blocks to our home. It was both familiar and strange to go through the doors again. But many smiles and the sound of the praise team greeted me and hadn't surrendered my seat in the balcony to some other lost soul.
They greeted me with warmth and enthusiasm. Scott said that he had thought about us daily as he had taken to biking to work during the summer."It wasn't even close to what you were doing. I can't imagine how you did it!"Scott- neither do I some days. Pieter's sermon was on Working on Salvation, and as much as I kid him, I do feel that he is in his element and I am thankful to have such a great person as a pastor and spiritual leader.
I had missed the team of Pieter and Willemina leading our community, missed the music of the hymns as the voice rise to the balcony, missed the birth of some new members who I did have the privilege of seeing baptised this morning.
But more than not, I was welcomed as if I had never left. Sliding back into the community that had never let me go.
It's good to have a home to come back to. Amazing to love and have that love returned.

1 comment:

sugarnuggets said...

So glad to see that you are home, really home. There's nothing like going away to make you realize that.Blessings today! Tetcy